Thursday, August 27, 2009

Industrial French Market... Or At Least That Is What I Am Calling It

OK, so there is a new trend and I am calling it "Industrial French Market". Ingredients: Louis XVI style furniture frames, burlap, jute, linen, raw metal finishes, patina'd wood, and found objects. I've seen a lot of reproduction screen prints thrown on upholstery too, like french flour and sulphur sack logos. I like all the super sexy raw elements like rivets and exposed seems. These funky industrial elements would look great in a loft with concrete floors and exposed beams. I feel like this is the new "modern" without all of the cold, sterile, antiseptic nothingness. It is gritty and raw, yet softened by the delicate elements like hand stitched appliques and romantic historical upholstery frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment